The Junior Pinwheel Program is a new partner initiative that gives children, 17 & under in our community, an opportunity to become involved in the mission of Mary Lee’s House by participating in service projects!
We are happy to announce a new Junior Pinwheel project!
Here is what you will need:
- Balloons (no water balloons)
- Corn starch
- Directions: Place the balloon on a funnel , add some water then add cornstarch until the balloon is nearly full. Remove funnel and tie balloon securely
- You Tube Video Demonstration
We are excited to announce our first project for junior pinwheels… Making Calming jars!
Calming jars are given to the children who come to Mary Lee’s house as a tool to help cope and manage with stressors related to the trauma they have faced. By taking the time to make these calming jars you are helping another kid feel a little more safe and comfortable. If you have questions or a interested in making calming jars for the kids at Mary Lee’s House please reach out to Reagan Hering at email@example.com
- The Amazon link has the required materials needed to make the Calming Jars. *Please use only the items listed on the Amazon list. (Calming Jar Supplies)
- The YouTube link below shows a video of how to assemble the Calming Jars. In the video you will see that you can use two or more sizes of glitter.
- YouTube Video Instructions
- TAKE PICTURES WHILE YOU WORK AND OF YOU WITH YOUR COMPLETED JARS – Send the pics to us and we will post them on our website and all of our social media sites.
- Assembly Instructions: (Refer to YouTube video) Fill the bottle just over 1/2 way with warm water. Add glue to the top and shake well to mix. Pick a color (Colors are listed in the Amazon list. Please use cool colors) Add to water glue mixture one drop at a time until desired color. Add some glitter/sequins. Close lid but DO NOT GLUE SHUT.
- Once you have completed your jars, you can drop them off at Mary Lee’s House (2806 N. Armenia Avenue, Tampa, FL 33607) on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 9am – 3pm. If theses times don’t work for you, please contact Reagan Hering at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021-2022 Junior Pinwheel All-Stars