With the holidays right around the corner, Mary Lee’s House wanted to share a few tips on how to make your holiday season extra safe this year. We’ve listed a few key areas that we should be extra mindful of: the kitchen, decorations, and toys
- Keep children and pets out of the kitchen if and when cooking.
- Set reminders to turn off stove tops and the oven.
- Keep sharp utensils high up and away from the edge of any countertop.
- Have fast access to a fire extinguisher.
- Eliminate small decorations as they can be a choking hazard.
- Be aware of any hanging cords.
- Cover exposed outlets.
- Secure your Christmas tree upright.
- LED or flameless candles are the safest for households with young children.
- Inspect and wipe down any and all toys.
- Keep toys with sharp edges away from children.
- Have a designated watcher while young children play with toys.